INSPIRED GAMES (UK) LIMITED
The Mill Building
31-35 Chatsworth Road
T +44 (0) 1903 264086
Or use our Contact Form
Our office hours:
Monday - Friday
9 am to 5 pm
Registered in England
Company No. 08208571
As above office address
Starplayer Football Card Game £6.99(inc.VAT) ____________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________
due to high demand we are currently out of stock of this item
Buy in complete confidence with our No hassle returns guarantee. In the unlikely event you are not delighted with your purchase for any reason, simply return within 14 days for a full product refund. Terms apply view here.
UK STANDARD 3-5 WORKING DAYS DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS
OPTIONAL EXPRESS 24 HOUR DELIVERY - SEE FURTHER BELOW TO ADD TO YOUR
ORDER NON UK MAINLAND DELIVERY PRICES SUBJECT TO DESTINATION SEE DELIVERY SERVICE
Description - The STARPLAYER Football Card Game
The STARPLAYER Football Card Game is 3 unique, brilliant football card games called, Starplayer Squad!, What’s the Score? and The System Game! They’re all for adults and children aged 7+. And we’ve included 2 GREAT bonus card games for even more STARPLAYER fun - It’s a Match Ref! & Remember the Ref! for adults & children aged 4+!
What’s in each pack of Starplayer Football Cards?
All games are based on 4 STARPLAYER squads of 11 created “international” footballers, superbly illustrated in red, blue, white or yellow shirts. That’s 44 superb footballer cards each with the footballer’s name, number & team position, “nationality” and value up to £15 million! There are 4 “STAR” players in each squad with higher values, just like in real football. 4 Wild Substitute footballer cards, 4 Bogus Footballer cards, 2 Tackle!cards and a Referee card, add to the fun and excitement! The games are explained briefly below. Full rules are included in each pack of 55 cards.
Some other Starplayer fun facts!
What is a “Starplayer” footballer?
There are 4 Starplayer footballer cards in each squad – 16 Starplayers in the pack. A Starplayer footballer is just that – a “star” player – and because they are superior, they are the most valuable footballers in their squad. They are recognised by a “star” on the card.
What is a Wild Substitute Footballer Card?
A Wild Substitute Footballer Card can be used to “substitute” any footballer in any squad colour (including STARPLAYERS)! If scoring, this card’s value is £1 million!
The 5 games, rules and gameplay...
1. STARPLAYER SQUAD! Each player is dealt a hand of 11 cards. The first player to collect a team of 11 footballers in the same colour squad is the winner! Optional scoring: The winner of each game scores NIL. Other players each receive a penalty score by totalling the £value of all their cards. Once a player reaches a score of £300million or over, he or she is out of the game! The last player left (usually after 2 or 3 games) is the winner!
2. WHAT’S THE SCORE? Each player is dealt a hand of 7 cards. You must try to be the first to complete 2 sets; a set of any 4 Starplayer footballers (identified by a “star” on the top left of the card), plus a set of 3 cards of either 3 footballers with the same team numbers e.g. 3 x No.7’s or a run of 3 cards of the same colour squad in consecutive order e.g. Red 4, 5 and 6. Scoring: The winner of each round totals the value of each footballer in his/her hand PLUS the value of any card left in an opponent’s hand that does not complete a set. Be the first to score £300 million to win!
3. THE SYSTEM GAME! Based on the 4-4-2, 4-5-1 OR 4-3-3 systems! - this great game is like “Team Up!” except the team of 11 footballers can consist of mixed squad colours made up of 4xDefenders, 4xMidfielders, 2xStrikers OR 4xDefenders, 5xMidfielders, 1xStriker; OR 4xDefenders, 3xMidfielders, 3xStrikers;
In games 1 - 3, you may use up to 3 Wild Substitute cards to “substitute” any footballer in any squad colour to complete a set or hand.
and our STARPLAYER BONUS GAMES!...
4. IT’S A MATCH, REF! Don’t be left holding the Referee card at the end of the game! Cards are dealt out and each player discards all pairs of matching cards, e.g footballer numbers 2xNo.4's, 2xNo 8's. The remaining cards that cannot be paired are to be held concealed from other players. The dealer then offers his hand, face down, to the player on his left. That player takes one card from the dealer to try and match a pair which can then be discarded. If not, he/she keeps the card. Play continues in this way until there are no more pairs and the only remaining card is the Referee! The player left holding the Referee is the LOSER! Optional Scoring: Play more than one game and each player total the value of their “pairs” using the footballer values on each card and other card values in the rules. The first player to score £500 million wins the game! If a pair is made up of 2 Starplayers the value of that pair is doubled!
5. REMEMBER THE REF! All cards are placed face down on a table. Players take turns to turn over any 2 cards. Players must try to memorise both cards before the player turns the cards face down again. This process repeats with each player until all cards are paired off! If a player turns up the Referee card they must miss a turn! The game ends when only the Referee is left. The winner is the player with the most pairs! Optional Scoring: As in game No. 4 above. This game is fun and really does improve the ability to memorise!